WindRider revolutionised hydrofoil sailing in 1998 with the original RAVE hydrofoil trimaran. Based on feedback from RAVE owners, WindRider has created the RAVE V, an innovative design which addresses requested improvements through updated technology with these key objectives:
- Easy to trailer, assemble and handle at launch, dock and beach
- Capable of being sailed by sailors of all abilities
- Self-trimming and leveling
- Lower retail price compared to other foiling sailboats in comparable category
- Ability to foil in lighter winds and enjoyable sailing experience when not foiling
- Foiling speeds below 8 knots and upwards of 30 knots
- Ability to point higher (closer to the wind) than most multihulls
- Rugged light weight design ability to carry over 400 pounds of crew and gear.
RAVE V accomplishes these objectives by combining the original RAVE ergonomic design including face-forward seating and foot pedal steering with: 1) retractable V shape foils, 2) A-frame dual mainsail rigging and 3) light-weight durable composite construction.
Now in pre-production, RAVE V will be built in Sandusky, Ohio under the leadership of Larry Knauer, RAVE V lead designer and project manager. Formerly with Lockheed Martin, Larry brings a combined 40 years of aerospace engineering and equivalent trimaran sailing experience to his role as Director of WindRider RAVE V.
WindRider has created a crowdfunding campaign which provides participants with a test sail, deposit on future purchase or discounted pre-sale on the first RAVE V production run. Visit https://www.fundable.com/windrider to learn more about pricing, availability and becoming a supporter.
WindRider International manufactures and distributes 3 models of sailing trimarans, WR17, WR16 and WRTango; in addition to acting as U.S. distributor for French built Astus trimarans, and online merchandising of sailboat parts and accessories.