Sailors have been known to enjoy a wine on board, but glass and boats don’t mix. Now sailors can enjoy quality wine in packaging that is not only environmentally friendly, but also efficient, compact and unbreakable.
On April 1, 2021, Greenskin Wine, the brainchild of packaging guru Mike Davies and his wine enthusiast partner Kim McKee, launched to the Australian public. Mike has been in the wine industry for over 40 years, and was the founder of Portavin, a wine packaging business that serviced many of Australia and New Zealand’s winegrowing regions.
Greenskin Wine is Australia’s first 100% recyclable, resealable, glassless way to enjoy quality wine, absolutely anywhere. Designed by and for people who love the outdoors but hate the waste and inconvenience of traditional glass bottles, Greenskin offers six inaugural, hand-selected varieties from Western Australia’s Margaret River and Great Southern regions. They are sold by the 6-pack via the Greenskin Wine website, www.greenskinwine.com and delivered directly to your door.
As an avid sailor and serious wine lover, Mike Davies said when you are on a boat, there’s no hiding just how inconvenient glass bottles really are.
“We knew we weren’t the only ones embarking on land and sea adventures who find traditional bottles heavy, bulky, breakable and very inconvenient to dispose of during and at the end of your adventure.” Mike said. “After storing, carrying, drinking, and disposing of our fair share of glass bottles, we wanted to create a product that was not only better suited to the great outdoors but kinder to it. Going glassless was our answer.”
Greenskin Wines Series One includes Sauvignon Blanc Semillon, Chardonnay, Rosé, Pinot Noir, Syrah and a Cabernet Merlot all in an eco-friendly, travel-friendly pouch.
Some of the benefits of Greenskin Wine over a traditional bottle include:
- Each pouch is 100% recyclable thanks to Greenskin’s innovative closed-loop system. Every six-pack comes with a prepaid mailer bag to return the 6 empty pouches direct to REDCycle, Greenskin’s recycling partner.
- Every pouch is less than 60% of the weight and volume of a traditional glass bottle with a 6-pack weighing just 4.8kgs.
- Each pouch takes less than 20% of the energy a glass bottle does to make and due to its light weight and compact nature it creates fewer emissions when transported.
- It is compact, lightweight and travel-friendly thanks to its slim and malleable design, it is also completely unbreakable.
- Added bonus, the whites are extremely quick to chill.
- Every pack lasts longer, as any air can be easily squeezed out and the pouch resealed.
The light, sleek, soft pouch design means you can pack it neatly and take your favourite drop with you on your boat, in your camper, under the stars or anywhere else you like to enjoy the outdoors.
The Greenskin Wine pouch is revolutionary and designed to make enjoying wine in the great outdoors easier, faster and lighter, in every way.