A new rally open to amateur sailors is now proposed by Grand Pavois Organisation with a route from Lanzarote (Canary Islands) to Marie-Galante (Islands of Guadeloupe).
Called Rallye des Iles du Solei, it is promoted as a secure and supervised Atlantic crossing open to monohulls and multihulls from 35 to 65 feet, covering 2,800 miles from the Canary Islands to the Islands of Guadeloupe, and more specifically Marie-Galante.
Boats will be welcome, for free, from Sunday 12 November to Marina Lanzarote for a departure on Saturday 18 November 2017. Conviviality, safety, professionalism… are the keywords of this new rally for families and friends.
Benefits are listed as:
- Supervision by professionals
- A departure port, Marina Lanzarote, which is ideal for preparing a Transatlantic crossing
- An arrival in Marie-Galante, the jewel of the Islands of Guadeloupe
- The chance to sail the trade winds downwind
- Preparatory seminars prior to departure (technical, medical, weather, etc.)
- Technical and practical aids at the departure and arrival ports
- Rally, weather and medical briefing sessions prior to departure
- Satellite tracking of the fleet
- An official website with cartography to track the boats involved
- Daily dispatches to all the boats of two positions/day, a weather update and news from the fleet
- Support from top quality institutional, technical, press and private partners
Regulations (in French) are available here.