Australian Sailing is seeking expressions of interest from affiliated clubs to host the Australian Yachting Championships for each of the next three years 2023, 2024 and 2025.
Clubs interested in hosting the Yachting Championships should apply for the regatta by completing the online form below. Applications close on 22 April 2022
Clubs may nominate the dates they would like to host the event during the months of January through to March via: https://www.sailing.org.au/surveys/3164/
• The Regatta is an AS owned event.
• The Host Club will be the Organising Authority (OA), working on behalf of and with AS.
• The regatta should ideally be the only major keelboat event being conducted at the club at the time.
• AS will consider holding the regatta before or after another major event.
• The Australian Yachting Championships is a Monohull and Multihull championships
• The rating systems to be used for scoring is IRC
• The regatta is expected to attract 15 – 25+ entries (~240 participants)
• Racing to be conducted over three days
Australian Sailing will contribute the following resources to the regatta:
• Assist with the race documents (AS to provide NOR/ SI Template)
• Execute a media and communications strategy with the support of the host club
• Event media (including race reports, social media and video coverage of the event)
• Host and manage the event website
• Manage all communications to competitors
• AS signage
• Supply Perpetual Trophy and prizes
The host club will –
• Set the event entry fee (subject to approval from AS) and receive all proceeds
• Be responsible for event welcome and presentation functions
• Be responsible for any revenue and costs for food and beverage sales associated with the event
• Be responsible for all berthing and other logistical arrangements with competitors
• Supply and pay for –
o All Race management and officiating costs including vessels, fuel, travel and accommodation (if applicable).
o Volunteer meals
o Any volunteer apparel
o All venue, facility, permit and other operational costs
o Any other event costs unless otherwise agreed with AS
All enquires please contact Lesley Fasala – firstname.lastname@example.org