The Cruising Yacht Club of Australia has again elected to close down the clubhouse and abandon winter yacht racing on Sydney Harbour due to the COVID-19 virus.
A second member of the club has tested positive to COVID-19 and, after seeking advice from NSW Health, the Board has decided to continue the very cautious approach it made to the first infection.
The Board today decided to, once again, to clean the club and remain closed for seven days. A decision will be made next week on its re-opening from Friday, 21 August.
The balance of the Winter Series (Winter Series race 10 and the Women’s Series race 2) will be abandoned.
Youth Sailing Academy activities have been cancelled until Sunday, 23 August.
– Peter Campbell