The 2021 Youth Match Racing World Championship will be held at the Balboa Yacht Club in Corona del Mar, California, from August 9-14, 2021 in Gov Cup 22’s. To compete, sailors must be under the age of 23 in 2021.
US Sailing has announced that the selection process for the skipper representing the U.S. will be by resume.
To be considered for selection, US skippers must meet these eligibility criteria:
– Athletes must be US Citizens, or eligible permanent residents with written authorization from World Sailing for an exemption under World Sailing Regulation 24.5.4
– Athlete must hold a valid passport that will not expire for six months after the conclusion of the Event.
– All athletes shall be under 23 years old on 31 December of the year of the Event.
– All athletes shall obtain a World Sailing Sailor ID by registering online at www.sailing.org/isafsailor
– Athletes must attend for the entire duration of the Event.
– Athletes must be a member in good standing with US Sailing.
– Applications must be submitted by midnight Central time on May 1, 2021