Want to win part of the official Audi MedCup Circuit uniform? Visit the official website, guess what the order of finish will be for the top three in the TP52 Series and GP42 Series and win the official not for sale, Adidas circuit t-shirt.
The Audi MedCup Circuit 2009 heads to the finish. On September 14th the Caja Mediterraneo Region of Murcia Trophy will commence in Cartagena; the last chance for the competitors aiming to win the TP52 Series and GP42 Series titles. Up until then, the World's Leading Regatta Circuit gives you the chance to wind an item of clothing that is not for sale: the Adidas Official Audi MedCup t-shirt.
To enter the competition go to www.medcup.org and fill in who you think will be the top three boats in each Series. This will just take a couple of minutes. If you guess all six teams (three in each Series) in the official order, which will be published on the website on the 19th of September, you will get your prize sent to your home.
Standings are wide open in both Series after four events.
The overall standings in the TP52 Series are dominated by Emirates Team New Zealand (NZL), who has a 52 point lead over Matador (ARG), and 57 lead over Quantum Racing (USA) and Artemis (SWE) tied in third. The difference appears insurmountable, but mathematically the chasing teams can still dream of winning the 2009 title. 11 races are planned for Cartagena – including the coastal race with a 1.5-point score, leaving enough of a point's margin to play for the Kiwis to have to ensure a good result to become the 2009 TP52 Series champions.
The competition is even closer in the GP42 Series. I slas Canarias Puerto Calero (ESP) is on equal points standing with second classified, Roma (ITA). Then Caser-Endesa (ESP), on a roll from winning the Portugal Trophy, is just 17 points behind the leaders.
The 2009 Audi MedCup Circuit standings after four events are:
1. Emirates Team New Zealand (NZL), 38+27,5+28+25= 118,5 points
2. Matador (ARG), 36+47,5+42,5+44,5= 170,5 points
3. Quantum Racing (USA), 40+41,5+65+29= 175,5 points
4. Artemis (SWE), 37+62,5+49,5+26,5= 175,5 points
5. Bigamist (POR), 46+55,5+57+30,5= 189 points
1. Islas Canarias Puerto Calero (ESP), 20+23+23+16= 82 points?
2. Roma (ITA), 22+17+30+13= 82 points
3. Caser-Endesa (ESP), 33+27+26+13= 99 points
4. Airis (ITA), 21+38+28+25= 112 points
5. Turismo Madrid (ESP), 35+35+43+23= 136 points?…?