If people tell you there are no jobs to be found, and the marine industry is flat across the board then they would be very misled. Despite the current downturn in some sectors, there is still an array of fantastic job opportunities out there if you just know where to look!
Watercrew is an online job find website, purely dedicated to the Australian marine industry. Endorsed by the Boating Industry Associations Australia wide, it has been created to become the central hub for marine jobs on and off the water.
Until now, jobs opportunities were found through word of mouth, walking the docks or over a few drinks, more a case of who you know as opposed to what skills you possess or experience you have. This method of recruitment although fun and challenging is not effective or sustainable.
The founders of Watercrew have created a website where job seekers can register their details, create their own employment profile, outline their qualifications, skills and experience and sit back and let “new job alerts” that suit their skill set come to them via email direct to their inbox.
Marine Industry Employers can place job adverts for any positions vacant (land or water-based) that they may have in their business. Watercrew is successfully matching the right people with a vast range of jobs from book keeper, receptionist through to boat builders and captains.
Amongst some of the jobs posted in the last month include great opportunities from fishing guides, maintenance and re-fit professionals, engineers and sales reps to name just a few.
If you are looking for a great job in the marine industry check out some of these great opportunities:
• Fishing Guide – Birri Fishing Resort, Gulf of Carpentaria, North Queensland. Sounds too good to be true doesn't it? Well it's not and this company are still looking so if it sounds like you don't delay in checking out more details by clicking here. http://www.watercrew.com.au/fishing-guide-birri
• Chief Engineer – Atlas 3, a 36.7 metre ship looking to cruise the world. Now this must be a joke, no it's not – check it out online! Experienced Engineers with a Class 3 and above need only apply. More Info http://www.watercrew.com.au/engineer-0
• Fibreglasser Laminator – Buizen Yachts – an awesome opportunity, NSW based with legendary boat builder. More Info http://www.watercrew.com.au/fibreglasserlaminator-buizen-pilot-house-yachts-mastercraft-marine-pty-ltd
• Fit-out Team – Spear Green Design is looking for a team of up to four people who are fit-out professionals to fill a contract in China. More Info Fit Out Team – http://www.watercrew.com.au/marine-interiors-fitout-team-leading-hands
• Sales Reps/Agents – Smartkat. Perfect for those looking for the freedom and flexibility of their own business. Agencies are available in NSW, SA and VIC. Full training is provided. More Info http://www.watercrew.com.au/sales-representativesagents
• General Boat Hand – Pleasure Cruising. Based in Williamstown Melbourne would suit a general all rounder looking for casual work. More Info http://www.watercrew.com.au/general-boat-hand
If office based is more your scene then check out these great jobs:
• Purchasing Officer – Montebello Yachts – based on Queensland stunning Gold Coast. Who wouldn't want to live there and work for a great company !
More Info http://www.watercrew.com.au/purchasing-officer
• Occupational Health and Safety at Sea Co-ordinator – Seawind Catamarans – a great opportunity for a Sydney based OH&S specialist. More Info http://www.watercrew.com.au/ohs-co-ordinator-0
The Watercrew system is effective, simple and affordable. Unlike traditional recruitment firms, Watercrew do not charge a commissions or additional fees. Watercrew is similar to the popular mainstream job find website SEEK but has three significant benefits:
1. It is marine industry focussed so Employers can be sure their position vacant advert is being seen by marine interested and qualified candidates. Over 2000 jobs seekers are currently registered with Watercrew.
2. The Watercrew system has an online “skill matching” function. Employers outline (using a simple tick box system) what qualifications, skills and experience they require to fill their positions vacant. Once the job advert is live online, the Watercrew system does an automatic search of the data base and alerts (via email) people who match with those skills and requirements about the job opportunity. This results in the employers receiving applications from suitably qualified candidates meaning they can spend less time sorting through job applicants and more time on their business.
3. Cost effective – To advertise a position vacant on the Watercrew website costs just $180 per job advert per month. This is far cheaper than print media that gives you limited reach and a one off exposure.
The Watercrew system aims to take the pain and angst out of staff recruitment and job seeking. The central online hub www.watercrew.com.au matches the right candidate with the right job efficiently and economically.
If you are seeking work or looking for staff please visit www.watercrew.com.au for more information.