London, UK (October 22, 2019) – Beginning today, members of the public are invited to vote for who they think should be crowned the 2019 Rolex World Sailor of the Year. The public vote will contribute to 50% of the overall count with the remaining 50% to be decided by World Sailing’s Member National Authorities.
The line-up of nominees were revealed September 30, advancing three female and four male candidates that rose above during the 12 month qualifying period. The 2019 Rolex World Sailor of the Year nominees are:
• Delphine Cousin Questel (FRA) – 2018 PWA World Tour Slalom World Champion
• Violeta del Reino (ESP) – 2019 Para World Sailing Championship – Hansa 303 World Champion
• Anne-Marie Rindom (DEN) – 2019 Laser Radial World and European Champion
• Antoine Albeau (FRA) – PWA World Tour Slalom World Champion
• Mat Belcher and Will Ryan (AUS) – 2019 470 World, European, and Hempel World Cup Series Champions
• Marco Gradoni (ITA) – 2018 and 2019 Optimist World Champion
• Francis Joyon (FRA) – Route du Rhum winner
The female and male winners will be announced at the World Sailing Awards Ceremony in Bermuda on October 29, 2019. Each winner will be presented with the unique marble and silver trophy depicting the globe, crowned with five silver spinnakers representing the continents, together with a Rolex timepiece.
Public voting closes at 1200 UTC on October 29. To vote… click here.