CONDITIONS PEAK ON LAST DAY OF RACING FOR STRONG FINISH!
Hopes were not originally high for Day 4 of QOIN Sail Paradise 2023, but Racing was blessed with high tides and strong 15 plus knot winds on a bright and sunny Gold Coast day.
Spirits in the fleet were positive to get 2 long races in both Round The Cans and Passage races for all divisions, in fast, exhilarating racing against trying seas.
4 boats were held back today due to seaway conditions or damage from the previous days of racing but the fleet for the final day was strong and competitive with Get it On trying to keep its top spot in IRC Division.
Today Team SYC Aramex and Team RQYS Wedgetail battled for the Passage Race win down to Currumbin to turn around for the final push for the win. And Coconuts holding strong in the Multihulls in the 2 metre seas!
- Short Marine Black Diamond held back for Hull Repairs
- Matchless held back due to Seaway conditions
- Bumblebee 4 held back due to Seaway conditions
- Just Kiddin held back due to Covid
- Peggy turned back after a while due to the rough seas
- 2m plus swell, but strong seas making for thrilling racing
- 25+ knot winds whipping up green seas
- Superb Sunny weather but very strong wind and seas
- Both RTC and Passage Races
- Blue Gold Coast Blue nearly cloudless Skies
- Difficulty through the seaway on the way back in on lower tides but lots of safety boats
- Team Get in On Holding off Team Aramex and Team Wedgetail for IRC overall winners most likely
For results please click here.