An Australian manufacturing innovator who has sold tens of thousands of his 12v/240v portable water heaters globally is expecting his latest model to tap into domestic adventure and recreational booms when Covid restrictions ease.
Australia’s Aus J Hot Water Solutions, headed by designer and company Managing Director Jay King, aims its Duoetto MK2 10-litre water heater at local and global RV, caravan, camping, and marine yacht and powered boat markets, as well as being used where work vehicles and 4wds are used to tow RVs including caravans to remote places where they wish to maintain optimum cleanliness and comfort.
“The tough, Australian-designed compact and durable water heater offers selectable temperatures between 30-70 deg C (86-158F) on 240v so people can shower, wash, clean and enjoy abundant hot water whether mains power is available or not. The heaters can also be calibrated for 110v markets,” says Mr King, himself a keen RV designer and user.
“People around the world are jumping out of their skins to enjoy the wide open spaces after months of lockdown,” says Mr King. “No-one will be travelling freely internationally for some time, so we expect families in domestic markets around the world to hit the roads in greater numbers than ever before. Certainly, that’s the strong feeling we are getting from trade and retail inquiries around the world as the post-Covid era begins,” he said.
The latest Duoettos – which typically retail for under $A400 ($US270) – feature a digital temperature control on the side for local and export markets that like their controls clear and simple, including the Middle East and Asia, North America, Africa and Europe, including the UK.
“Automatic sensors allow switching to 12V when mains power is not available, enabling the Duoetto to deliver ample hot water in remote areas such as campsites or on boats where mains power is unavailable, which it often is in large areas of major RV, marine and work vehicle markets,” says Mr King, who designs the water heaters himself and ensures production to Australian standards of toughness and quality .
The MK2 has a number of upgrades on the previous version, designed to give the new water heater even greater longevity than the original, which has become OEM equipment on major campers in Australia and in export markets including South Africa and the US because of its functionality and reliability in service over a wide range of use and climatic conditions. Upgrades include:
- An Incoloy 840 heating element, which gives superior corrosion resistance and is designed for optimum use in extreme environments and temperatures.
- A single weld line tank for a sturdier construction, reduced water leakage and extended product life.
- Polyurethaneinsulation to maintain temperatures and reduce energy consumption. This is an environmentally harmonious CFC-free material.
- SPCC steel and enamel tank for improved corrosion resistance.
- Digital temperature control for ease of control and readability, fully adjustable from 30-70 deg C.
“Readily available hot water is a real luxury when you’re on the road for a long time, or off it in 4wds, or out on the water. It doesn’t matter if you are a family group or a worksite team, hot water is a blessing,” said Mr King.
The Duoetto MK2 comes with internationally recognised Australian WaterMark accreditation, which means that it passed tests and requirements regarding its suitability for supplying water for human consumption. These tests encompass taste, smell, toxins and corrosive effects on plumbing and pipework.
Drawing a miniscule 4.2 amps at 240V (1000w) and 25 amps at 12v (300w), the 409 x 262 x 267mm Duoetto MK2 retains the strengths of its predecessor, including:
- Manufactured to Australian Standard AS/NZS 3350.1.1:2002 and with WaterMark certification to Australian Standard AS/NZS 3498:2009
- Adjustable thermostat on 240V up to 75o
- Durable outer case with service and inspection points
- The water heater connects to 12V DC power supply meaning there is no need for a generator, inverter or 240V power supply.
- Integrated magnesium sacrificial anode protects against galvanic corrosion and extends the life of the water heater.
- Thermal cutout
- Over-heat protection
- Combination brass pressure relief valve
- Warranty 12 months
For further information, please call mob 61 – 419 993 042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distributor enquiries welcome.